Monday, May 31, 2010

What's your excuse for not exercising?

My new excuse for not exercising: Since yesterday, I have a blog. That means, in addition to my other excuses (cooking, knitting, brushing my cat, baking, watching Say Yes to the Dress, homework [ha]), I can rationalize keeping my flabby butt on the couch by telling myself the world needs to know about my life.

Since I only have school two days a week, I have recently taken up hobbies again. This trend seems to be contagious as GP is now seriously interested in bonsai cultivation. He spent most of his day yesterday trying to find a ficus plant (a failed mission, unfortunately). Anyway, I actually do have quite a bit to do for school. I have to finish reading a novel for tomorrow. I'm around 1/3 through, so this would actually be a possibility if I stopped writing this right now and didn't want to start the front right part of the cardigan I'm knitting and didn't want to play with my cat.

One procrastinatory (oooh, new word!) tool I have in my arsenal of many is cooking. Last night, in fact, GP tried to ask me if I had "too many pots and pans". He said he had "never seen anyone actually use the drawer underneath the oven for storage on a regular basis". Clearly he also doesn't know anyone who worked at The Bay for longer than she cares to admit and, consequently has a lot more "homemaking" devices than most other 20-somethings do. I told him if he tried to get me to get rid of my cookware I would castigate him on my blog. However, as you're the only one who reads this, GP, (and only because I told you to), I doubt this is very much of a threat.

What do I write for a blog whose audience is the person who knows everything about me already? I will think on that.

3 comments:

  1. You need to advertise the fact that you have a blog to the world. Also, does this mean that we're doing P90X together tonight? Also, we skipped a day so I guess its P91X now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what DO you intend to write about when the person reading is the person who knows everything about you already? huh??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the drawer underneath the oven for storaage on a regular basis. Who uses it on a part-time or sporadic basis? Weirdos.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Gimme! Gimme!