Monday, November 22, 2010

Someone, Please

Wake me up from what I hope is just a bad dream. GP has just informed me that Sarah (a disgrace to the name, I might add, as I know a Sarah who is infinitely better in every way than the one of whom I speak) Palin's reality TV show had double the viewers in its pilot episode than Mad Men did in its season finale. How can people take anything seriously from a woman who has less to contribute to society than a Bump-It?

As much as I love Say Yes to the Dress, I find it very difficult to support a network that supports (yeah, they pay her a quarter mil. every week) this assault to everything that is good and logical in the world. In fact, pretty much every show they carry (even SYTTD sometimes) is offensive. Toddlers in Tiaras, Nineteen Kids and Counting, Sister Wives... Do we see a pattern here? Um, yes: sexualization of children and women, ego-centrism, extensive consumerism, inequality between men and women, blatant conservatism in every way except financial... I can't even finish my sentence I'm so fired up.

I'll admit it, they got me hooked on the sheer implausibility of what really happens in "mainstream America". No more, TLC, no more. I will get my fix for appalling and addictive reality TV elsewhere. Goodness knows there's no shortage of it.

3 comments:

  1. Wanna feel better?
    Our prime minister became a politician to make his own laws not to be put in jail, then destroyed culture, justice and school, filled the society with his whores (first in his medias, and now in Parliament and institutions).
    What country are we talking about?
    I--L-
    Oh, yes, we invented pizza, though.
    Seriously, I think I understand your feelings about Sarah Palin, but... here everything is just the dumbest reality, and there's not remote control...

    Of course, I'm a vegetarian too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luca... Are you real?! If so, thanks for your comment! Believe me, I don't think Sarah Palin is the only imbeciles in government, I just resent having her TV show and idiotic ideals shoved down my throat every time I turn on the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. imbecile* although she has enough stupidity for 10 people.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Gimme! Gimme!