Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Skinny

Today I finally broke down and joined the 21st century. That's right, I bought skinny jeans. I never thought this day would come, but I'm actually really excited about all the new wardrobe possibilities that have become available. I can wear boots with jeans tucked inside and not have to worry about unsightly and, more importantly, uncomfortable bunching in and around the boot. I can wear flowy tops now without feeling out of proportion and unbalanced. I can even wear dresses over top if I am so inclined! The possibilities abound.

Up until today I had never owned a pair of skinny jeans for one simple reason: I was not convinced they suited me and I am not one to blindly follow trends. Ok, sorry, two reasons. The former reason is also why I neglected to get a pair of cropped/capri style pants until they were on the way out of fashion. It's hard to believe you'll look good in a style if the only people you've ever seen whose figures are flattered by it are supermodels.

Also, I don't like adopting a style just because most everyone else is. Mark my words, I will wear skinny jeans, but you will never catch me dead in tights as pants. Ever. Pants must have pockets or they are simply not pants. And tights don't have pockets. Ugh.

You know, there's another reason I put this off for so long: I don't like being proved wrong. However, when your ass looks as fantastic in jeans as mine does, this is a concession I think I can live with.

6 comments:

  1. Goddamn hipsters and your skinny jeans... (I'm jealous of anyone to whom the term 'skinny' can be applied)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In your next post you could have a picture of you in tights as pants. Then your readers can compare. I think it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking... I can't just disappear after that lovely talking with that American girl without wishing her happy 2011. So I came back and here it was your... uhm... well, happy new year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not American, I'm Canadian!!! But thank you all the same. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This should have been emailed to me, i mean seriously kim! This is a big step! In other news, I need you to check on a blog I just set up for an assignment that i'm doing on goalsetting ok? Knowing that you are checking it will make me post more . . . or so I hope. s'ok?
    its called "namaste.v.403." not creative at all. kthnxbai.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Gimme! Gimme!