Friday, June 11, 2010

Feelin' good?

I am! I just sweated my nuts off with "core synergistics". And I also just saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg and am thinking of incorporating such a ritual into my daily routine. Aside: if that were my kid I wouldn't let her climb on the bathroom counter. That is, however, coming from someone who, the other day in class, she had to erase a random drawing that someone from the previous class had put on the chalkboard because it wasn't drawn well and it was distracting. So maybe, given that I'm absolutely nuts, my opinions on parenting aren't very valid.

I spent a large proportion of today knitting, which is not a bad thing on its own (quite the contrary, in fact), but essay writing/book reading it is not. I have around 3 novels to finish reading for, oh let's see, Monday. A cardigan I haven't worked on since March seems like a valuable use of my time. The good news? It's Friday and all I have to do this weekend is an hour and a half of yoga. Tons of time to procrastinate.

On the cat front: Friskies is adorable. Last night GP (don't deny it, you) and I spent a good amount of time watching her twitch while she dreamt. GP thought she was dreaming about being a lioness in the savanna stalking her prey through 2 foot-tall yellow grass and chasing gazelles. I thought she was dreaming more mundane things like ripping small rodents to shreds, or wading nose-deep in her favourite treats. She's still sleeping now, as it happens. Snoring.

I made yet another delicious meal last night:


If you can't tell, it's lemon and dill baked salmon with a tomato and arugula (from my mum's garden, no less!) salad, simply dressed with a balsamic reduction, olive oil, fleur de sel, basil (from my "garden"), and some parmesan. Needless to say, it was tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Gimme! Gimme!