Monday, June 7, 2010

Pretty Pictures of Things We Ate

Today marks the beginning of "recovery" week in P90X. GP says the name is misleading and it's only a recovery week because there is no weight lifting. I'm just happy I don't have to do pull ups. I measured my waist today and discovered to my great delight that I have lost 1.5 inches. This hasn't really even been all that hard! I mean, sure, not eating carbohydrates has really cramped my style, but other than that I have been cheating on the diet a little bit and still seeing results. I think if there's one area I have to kick it up a notch in, it's that one. There's no point in doing this if I'm not going whole hog. So I might keep doing the "fat shredder" diet for another week. Maybe I won't because I love eating starchy things. Who knows.

GP and I will be taking pictures of our bodies next week because we'll have finished one month of P90X by then. I can't wait to compare my photos.

Here are some pictures of a hippie-ish meal I made on the weekend:





I call it hippie-ish because it's one of those meals that looks atrocious but tastes really really good. The pink crap is beets with some dill and goat cheese and the greeny-brown squares are tofu baked in the pesto I had leftover from another meal. It went down easy-- I love the piss outta beets. Speaking of piss, beets are also entertaining in that way.

Lastly, GP and I went to a really nice show last night at the Duncan Garage, where we saw the perennially delightful Chelsea-Lyne Heins, who opened for Martin Kerr. It was a lovely intimate show with great music, cookies, and even some Spice Girls. I don't know what more anyone could want!

3 comments:

Comments? Gimme! Gimme!