Friday, July 16, 2010

Get Up Offa That Thang...

..And dance 'til you feel better. Seriously. It works like nothing else. Not that I was feeling particularly bad, but today I've been doing a bit of sitting around. I worked out in the morning and then did practically nothing except vacuum and watch endless episodes of Say Yes to the Dress.

When I jumped into the shower to get ready for a dinner date with GP I decided it would be good to have some music to wash to and the shuffle on my iPod did not disappoint. It started out innocent enough with Michael Buble's "Lost", then progressed to Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" and I won't deny some head bopping and singing along was happening at this point. The next song that came on (by the way, I think it's pretty amazing that I remember all these, feel free to praise my steel trap-like mind) was Blink 182's "First Date", which I totally rocked out to because it reminded me of my wannabe angst-ridden teenage years and, oddly, Caitlin Bishop, who used to be a huge fan of that band back in the day. (Holy shit that was a run-on sentence.) Yes Caitlin, I thought of you in the shower. Wish I could say it was the first time...

So by this time I was going whole hog singing and dancing in the shower and sadly my shower was coming to an end. As a side note, Blink 182 must record all their songs louder than normal people because when their song came on it was substantially louder than Journey. Anyway, I jumped out of the shower and when the Spice Girls' "Stop" came on I just couldn't believe my luck. I can't think of a song that's better suited to make-up application and hair styling than that one. So I got my hair and make-up did and then chose my outfit and put it on as usual.

Something funny, however, was happening to the iPod player. It was silent. Oh, no, it wasn't silent, it was a very quiet intro. What could this be, I asked myself. Curious, I took a peek at the iPod. I don't usually do that because I like to be surprised by whatever song comes on next, but as they say, desperate times. I look. OF COURSE. Nothing could top the Spice Girls except a 14 minute-long mix of Darude's "Sandstorm", circa 2000, Kanye, and, randomly, Soulja Boy. Well wasn't this just excellent. I was putting the last touches on my face and hair, fully dressed now.

I started bopping, then bouncing, and then I got very hot. I had no other option but to remove my dress and begin full-on dancing. I hadn't had an underpants dance in quite a long time and an epic 14 minute-long one was just what I needed. I seriously broke a sweat. It was fantastic; I almost wish GP had come home when I was at minute 9 or 10, so that he could've danced with me. I was making up unique and never-before-seen dance moves left, right and centre. So I guess what I'm saying about this is that dancing is fun as hell. If you need a change you should get naked and do some right now. Seriously. Go.

1 comment:

Comments? Gimme! Gimme!