Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Shit. It happens.

It wouldn't be a year at UVic without some kind of registration/scheduling fiasco. This year's catastrophe, you ask? Well so far (I'm not holding my breath on there being just one problem, because we all know that UVic has spies everywhere, just waiting for an excuse to hand you more trouble) my English class in August has been cancelled. To UVic's credit, this is not something that could be helped; the professor for the class seems to have come down with an illness of some kind, which is sad because I really like the professor who would've taught it.

Now, this cancellation wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't my last English course I ever had to take, or if I lived in Victoria, or if I weren't taking three fourth-year linguistics courses in the fall, or if I actually liked English coursework. But unfortunately it is and I do and I am and I don't. So this means that I could've gotten a job this summer after all and would have had quite a bit more money to my name in the fall when I start school. I think what pisses me off most about this is that probably most of the people in the class are in my boat too (insofar as wanting to finish school before Spring semester) and UVic doesn't give a rat's ass. Here is an excerpt from the email they sent me: "ENGL 383 will be offered in Spring 2011. We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause." What they neglect to say is that the course in the spring has been full for weeks and the waitlist is full too, so I couldn't even register if I wanted to. Heaven forbid they actually offer more English classes to, you know, keep up with the demand. As much as I hated the people, teachers, and environment at the U of A, I have to admit I never had this problem there.

I want UVic to really apologise, not just say that they apologise. They should be bending over backwards to fix the problem they made! Whine, whine, whine, this is not my fault. Stupid UVic.

I guess shit happens. I foresee a minor meltdown sometime next week that involves GP having to go out and get me some very un-P90X goodies and hold me as I shovel some incarnation of fatty carbohydrates into my mouth and simultaneously sob uncontrollably. As much as having the summer off sounds like a fantastic time, it's only fun for about a week. After that, I've found that I get bored from not having a routine, or any friends in the vicinity to hang out with. Not that I don't realize that I'm lucky for not having to work, or that I'm complaining, but... Well, I guess I am complaining, but this is my blog so I can do what I want.

Sometimes I make airplane/jet/explosion noises randomly, just because. I'm not really sure what this means, other than I'm weird and not really ready to be an adult.

1 comment:

  1. Kimboslice...I too am weird and not ready to be an adult...so I'm not.
    UVIC screws me like that on the regular...I've come to look forward to the ways I will get f%$#ed so that I can have something to laugh about.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Gimme! Gimme!