Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ripped/Rippled

When I worked out today I felt my muscles shred. Seriously. I didn't know that was actually a thing before; I just thought it was something dumb juice monkeys say but no, I really felt it and it felt great! Last week GP and I took our 54-day photos. We're about 60 percent done and I've noticed definite improvement. Today I saw my arms in the mirror as I was drying my hair and did a double take: "Are those really mine? Holy shit!". Yeah, Kim, those pythons are really yours and those porpoises you call thighs are yours too. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. Sometimes when I sit down I engage my quadriceps on purpose and put my hands on them to feel how firm they've gotten. See for yourself:


An aside: I just noticed an unidentified sticky substance (get your mind out of the gutter) on my arm. Naturally, I licked it off. It was sweet and tasty, just as I thought it would be. GP has been trying to break me of this habit with very little success. It's just my way of embracing that new found and foraged food movement.

On Sunday GP and I went to Bright Angel Park. I'd never been there before. How flattered I was when he told me it was his first date place of choice and he's taken many a lucky lady there (sarcasm). Regardless, it was beautiful and we had a lovely time hanging out on the river. Look how cute we are:
There was a really cool suspension bridge, on which I made GP feel unsafe by bouncing up and down. After the park we went to Whipple Tree Junction where GP had never been. We saw Golda's mum and had a nice chat with her and then bought some fudge for GP's dad, whose entire mouth is full of sweet teeth. (Un)fortunately we forgot to give GP's dad the fudge and had to eat it ourselves. Damn. A great day all told.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Gimme! Gimme!